Thursday, June 16, 2011

Prince Edward Island Museum




















I'm in Charlottetown for awhile.
Earlier this week I spent 2 days going through the PEI Museum Collections, choosing artefacts to include in my exhibition A Bed's Been Made Up For You which opens next week and runs to September 25th at the Confederation Centre Art Gallery. I've been fortunate enough to work with the gracious Directors and Curators of the Museum and Gallery toward borrowing artefacts to include in the show. The installations I'm making combine 9 crates of textiles from my own collection, a series of drawings, and these objects arranged in 5 vitrines situated in the concourse of the Confederation Centre of the Arts. I'll be giving a public talk this evening at 19h.

(Apologies for the quality. My camera's died and the mobile is standing in.)

. . .

No comments: