Tuesday, September 16, 2008

La Rencontre: 3 of 35




Anna Torma, above
embroidery on cotton, approx. 18" x 14"


Janice Wright-Cheney, below
felt roses, found object
cotton embroidery floss on linen



my piece, below is a drawing installation
graphite and coloured pencil on paper (20" x 16")
11 washcloths on a wood shelf

I know it's hard to see, but the shelf is also represented in the drawing, hung on the white wall, but it's empty.

I intended the work would be installed on a white wall. Should've specified that to the curator. I can take it as a lesson in not assuming gallery walls will be white ...in any case the bloody red makes for a super feminine read, or something. At first I wondered if that was the point but then i saw the other walls: taupe.





1 comment:

Oliver said...

hmmm. taupe and red. odd. but i think it works for your piece. beautiful as always, dear one!